Re: Astropy affiliated packages for Debian

Hi Vincent and Florian,

Florian Rothmaier <frothmai@ari.uni-heidelberg.de> writes:
> As you know, I started packaging astronomy packages a while ago but
> I wouldn't consider myself to be an experienced packager. I would be
> happy, however, to help you.

this is quite easy: pick one of the packages at

http://www.astropy.org/affiliated/

that you likely want to use in Debian. Preferrable those that are tagged
as "Stable == yes" and "Provisional == No". And then start packaging :-)
Don't forget to write an ITP for the package; I asked for volunteers in
the astropy-devel mailing list as well, so we should avoid double work.

If there are questions, ask them here. Don't hesitate just to start.

Best regards

Ole