Re: Testing U-Boot A20-Lime2 no network connection after reboot.

On 22/01/23 at 20:23 +0100, Arne Ploese wrote:
> Am Sonntag, dem 22.01.2023 um 18:13 +0100 schrieb Lucas Nussbaum:
> > On 22/01/23 at 17:56 +0100, Arne Ploese wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Im testing (just for fun) an Olimex OLuxino A20-Lime2.
> > > The system can't bring up the interface end0 on rebooting (only
> > > reboot
> > > -  and not poweroff and then restart by power-button).
> > >
> > > "ip a" tells me that end0 is unconfigured.
> > > "ifup end0" gives an error message.
> > > Only first shutting down end0 with "ifdown end0" and then start
> > > "ifup
> > > end0" brings the network into life.
> > >
> > > Has anyone experienced similar behavior?
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yes. I'm seeing this as well.
> > I think there's a known kernel regression between 4.19 and 5.10, but
> Then this regression is still in kernel 6.1.4 - is this a new bug then?

It might be something that is not tracked yet in a Debian bug, yes.
However those two bugs sound relevant (even if they are about ethernet
in u-boot, not after boot):

The board I ran into this is doing useful stuff, so I couldn't easily
investigate, and I just sticked with the buster kernel.

Lucas