Just tried arm64 netinstall on a bananai-m5

used dd to write the arm64-bookworm-12.1 netinstall image to a 64G SDXC ONN. brand card, makes no attempt to boot plugged into a bananapi-m5. bring card back to reader, can't mount it, wrong filesystem for both partitions. Give up, write Armbian-jammie-full-desktop iso to card, mounts ok, boots bananapi-m5 normally.

What did I do wrong?

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis