Thinkpad X13s boot loop after dist-upgrade

I initially successfully installed Debian some time ago on my Thinkpad
X13s using (a previous version of) the linaro instructions at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WuxE-42ZeOkKAft5FuUk6C2fonkQ8sqNZ56ZmZ49hGI

This installed kernel 6.0.0-rc3-custom.

Today I decided to upgrade a bit, so I added the OpenSuSE-hosted
linaro sid repo (as per the new version of the instructions...)
deb https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ndec/Debian_Unstable/
removed the old "people.linaro.org" repo which had been removed, and I
also installed the contents of
https://people.linaro.org/~manivannan.sadhasivam/x13s_upgrade/
which in particular added a slightly different repository
deb https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/linaro:/sid/Debian_Unstable ./
and added sections non-free non-free-firmware to my debian.org
sources.list line.

I upgraded "the minimum amount of stuff" and rebooted into the 6.2.0
kernel from
https://people.linaro.org/~manivannan.sadhasivam/x13s_upgrade/
it worked.

I then upgraded "everything". Now the system won't boot anymore :-(
not with the 6.2.0 kernel and not with the 6.0.0-rc3-custom kernel.
It goes into grub alright, but after Grub it displays (having removed the
"quiet" parameter from the Linux boot line):

EFI stub: Booting Linux kernel...
EFI stub: Using DTB from configuration table
EFI stub: Exiting boot services...

and then reboots; I get a black screen, then the red Lenovo logo with
"press enter to interrupt normal boot" (I don't press enter) then grub
again.

Anyone has a clue how I can debug this? This is my first EFI machine,
my first upgrade from my now becoming rather ancient amd64
architecture BIOS machines, so I'm a bit clueless as to the exact boot
process.

I admit that on the pure Debian side I'm using mostly testing, having
given bookworm higher priority than sid. But the Linaro repos are at the same
priority than bookworm (not lower priority like sid), so anything in
there should have overridden the pure Debian stuff just has well as if
I had not mucked with apt pinning.

I gave sid's kernel (src:linux-signed) and firmware (src:firmare-free
and src:firmware-nonfree) packages the same priority as bookworm and
linaro, but that should also not have made any trouble as far as I
understand.

Thanks in advance,

Lionel