Re: Support for Orange Pi 4 LTS

Hi Christian,

In additional to what's already been said...

If there isn't already (complete) upstream support for a particular board, then you may want to look at the state of support for the particular board in Armbian and/or OpenWRT.

Some of the Armbian or OpenWRT devs upstream their work, others may not get around to it (or their work may be ahead of upstream and/or backported to stable kernels already).

If you want to help with the upstreaming yourself, then basing it on Armbian/OpenWRT work will usually be considerably less work than starting with the vendor bsp.

Cheers,

Tim.