Re: rock64's dead w/update, have latest bannana pi's coming

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 01:55:16PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> My 3d printer farm is out of business, all the rock64's died, as in no hdmi
> video anymore, and the rock64's weren't
> that great due to extreme interference between the video and usb activity. I
> can still log into them and can run
> stuff from here, but its a bit useless to try and run a 3d printer from out
> of sight 3 rooms away.
>
> So I have a question for your arm folks, as I have a 4 pack of the latest
> 4gig bannana pi's on order.

FWWIW, I do run octoprint on a BananaPI (older 1GB model, don't recall the exact
modell, but I *think* it is an BananaPI BPI-M1

> Can it can now run an xfce4 desktop, just like an rpi4b, giving good video
> for octoprint?

I'm not using a DE on the banapi, I login remotely to octoprint from another
machine or using OctoRemote on Android.

> If it can, a URL for the latest image would be very appreciated.

Not sure what you mean with image. AFAIC there is no "octopi-style, ready to
run" image for the BananaPi.  /me installed it ages ago, and IIRC I used a
Debian installer for that.  Said that, I'm not sure what BananaPi you are
getting, but https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner lists a few,
and a few as
marked as "unsupported bootstraping."

--