Re: Building (Debian) kernel optimized for RPi Zero (W) and 1

On maandag 24 oktober 2022 11:16:42 CEST Punit Agrawal wrote:
> I am probably missing some context but I wanted to point to the armel
> cross compiler in Debian - gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi. Is there some reason
> to build the cross-compiler yourself?

I don't want to build for armel, but for raspbian.org's variant of armhf,
which is not the same as Debian's armhf.
The RPi 0/1 fall somewhere in the middle of Debian's armel and armhf and
that's the whole reason raspbian.org was created.

But it can be that I'm looking at this problem all wrong and/or have some
tunnel vision towards building a cross compiler.
That is an important reason for making this ML thread.

Cheers,
  Diederik