Re: On the existance of arm* porters

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 09:15:07AM -0700, ` Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
>On 2022-08-25, Graham Inggs wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 at 13:36, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
>> <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>>> it seems superficially plausible that the march=native
>>> invocations are just instances of the compiler being probed.
>>
>> I have also had a look and cannot see that '-march=native' is used in
>> the actual builds on any of the architectures.
>>
>> It would be very much appreciated if the arm porters could take a look
>> at this issue, as it still plagues the scikit-learn autopkgtests on
>> armhf [2], and currently prevents quite a number of packages from
>> being part of testing.  It appears that armel [1] has the same error,
>> so hopefully one fix could resolve both.
>
>I pretty much think of myself, at best, as half an armhf/arm64 porter,
>but this is a little bit outside of the scope of what I offered to look
>after in the porter roll calls...
>
>Apparently I am the only porter for armhf and arm64? I had assumed there
>would be someone else to fill the gaps in my skillset, but I guess
>not.

Argh. I used to do this, but I don't have the time or the inclination
to step up any more. I'm very surprised to not see Wookey not list
himself, tbh.

'There is some grim amusement in watching Pence try to run the typical
 "politician in the middle of a natural disaster" playbook, however
 incompetently, while Trump scribbles all over it in crayon and eats some
 of the pages.'   -- Russ Allbery