Re: uboot@qnap - debian

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 09:26:06PM +0100, Johannes 'kefko' Köhler wrote:

> Much valued debian people!

Hi Johannes,

> iam trying with an debian installation@qnap ts-109...
>
> I already had a running jessie installation, but the
> dist moved to archived and therefore the possibility to
> run this working setting is past hence, or gone.
>
> Now... I retried with the currently stretch installer,
> and the routine is running proper, but without leaving
> a bootable uboot setting to myself@ nonvolatile ram

Any reason for installing Stretch?

In case you want to try with something more recent, Buster is the latest
Debian to support these QNAP.

Bullseye is also possible (although not officially supported) but
only as upgrade from Buster and after some manual fiddling (see
https://cyrius.com/debian/orion/qnap/).

https://cyrius.com/debian/orion/qnap/ is a good starting point.

> - thx and sincerely
> kefko

Dom

--
rsa4096: 3B10 0CA1 8674 ACBA B4FE  FCD2 CE5B CF17 9960 DE13
ed25519: FFB4 0CC3 7F2E 091D F7DA  356E CC79 2832 ED38 CB05