debian stable & sun4i-a10-cubieboard

Hello all
Sorry for my poor english.

I try to revive my Cubieboard, by installing Debian on it.
The cubie is working, I managed to boot with an old distro version and an old kernel.
Now I have fetched the files from the Debian servers, and followed the readme file for creation:
zcat firmware.Cubieboard.img.gz partition.img.gz> complete_image.img
dd if=./complete_image.img of=/dev/mmcblk0

The cubie also starts with this image until the prompt for the choice of language (C or English). At this time, I cannot use the keyboard, it is inoperative.
However, it works, I can take control of the first seconds of the boot:

U-Boot SPL 2021.10+dfsg-1 (Oct 10 2021 - 04:20:52 +0000)
DRAM: 1024 MiB
CPU: 1008000000Hz, AXI/AHB/APB: 3/2/2
Trying to boot from MMC1

U-Boot 2021.10+dfsg-1 (Oct 10 2021 - 04:20:52 +0000) Allwinner Technology

CPU: Allwinner A10 (SUN4I)
Model: Cubietech Cubieboard
I2C: ready
DRAM: 1 GiB
MMC: mmc@1c0f000: 0
Unknown monitor
In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
Net: eth0: ethernet@1c0b000
starting USB...
Bus usb@1c14000: USB EHCI 1.00
Bus usb@1c14400: USB OHCI 1.0
Bus usb@1c1c000: USB EHCI 1.00
Bus usb@1c1c400: USB OHCI 1.0
scanning bus usb@1c14000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@1c14400 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@1c1c000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@1c1c400 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0

=> printenv

Did I miss a step or forgot to install a file somewhere?

The language selection screen after booting looks like this:

[ (1*installer) 2 shell 3 shell 4- log ][ Jan 01 0:07 ]

lqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqu [!!] Select a language tqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk
x x
x Choose the language to be used for the installation process. The x
x selected language will also be the default language for the installed x
x system. x
x x
x Language: x
x x
x C x
x English x
x x
x <Go Back> x
x x
mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj

I admit that I am a little lost.
Could you please help me?

Thank you.

Rémi.