Re: scikit-learn in unstable FTBFS on arm64, armel, armhf, i386, ppc64el and s390x

HellO!

> On 2/16/22 11:36, Graham Inggs wrote:
>> Is anyone able to help with the bus error on armhf please?
>
> Bus errors are normally easy to spot. Just run the code in question through
> GDB and see where it crashes. Then look at the backtrace with the debug
> symbols installed.
>
> Usually it's a result of bad pointer arithmetics which should definitely be
> fixed as such operations usually violate the C/C++ standards.

So, I have skimmed over the build logs and one of the main issues is the use of
-march flags to enforce a certain baseline [1]:

powerpc64le-linux-gnu-gcc: error: unrecognized command-line option ‘-march=native’; did you mean ‘-mcpu=native’?

This is a policy violation and must be fixed in any case. Blacklisting architectures
is not enough in this case as forcing the baseline of the buildds can lead to code
that won't run on the user's machines.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz