Re: uboot@qnap - debian

On 2/10/22 18:40, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Philippe Clérié <philippe@gcal.net> [2022-02-10 17:45]:
If I read this paragraph correctly, the implication is that the flash device
partitioning can be changed to accommodate the larger kernels. Presumably
from uboot.
Are there any instructions, guides or other documentation for how to get it
done?

Arnaud Mouiche, who created a script that re-configures the partition layout
on QNAP, also wrote excellent documentation about the whole thing:

https://github.com/amouiche/qnap_mtd_resize_for_bullseye

The summary is that you can pass "mtdparts" as a kernel parameter to
set the partition layout.

:-)

Thanks.

Now I need to make time to just dive in.

:-)

--
Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense it that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>