Re: uboot@qnap - debian

On 1/23/22 18:53, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
The manual fiddling only works on Kirkwood, not Orion.  With the
Kirkwood-devices, there's enough MTD flash (the problem is the
partition layout).  The Orion-based devices only have 8 MB flash,
which isn't enough.

I am curious about the manual fiddling.

If I read this paragraph correctly, the implication is that the flash device partitioning can be changed to accommodate the larger kernels. Presumably from uboot.

I do have several devices that I have retired or am about to retire that could be salvaged if that is possible. I think *armel* may get another few years reprieve since Debian based its Pi OS on *armel* instead of *armhf*. (A rather surprising decision!)

Are there any instructions, guides or other documentation for how to get it done?

Thanks in advance

--
Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense it that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>