Re: Debian on Pine64 H64B?

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 5:04 PM Gene Heskett wrote:

> ... 100 microseconds as the output of the linux-rt list get adopted into
> shipping kernels. That is its target, to become the default kernel.

I believe the intent of the Linux RT developers is to keep it as a
build-time config option, so it will probably always be a separate
build to the regular Linux kernel. Having all the patches merged into
mainline will make it more likely that distros will build an RT
kernel, like Debian already does using the unmerged patches.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise