Re: Feedback from the community -> ARM

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 2:54 PM Uwe Kleine-König wrote:

> Is there anything on your mind that is missing above and that you'd like
> to be shared with ARM? Feel free to reply here or discuss in
> #debian-arm. (I'm ukleinek there.)

Pretty sure just everything folks have been asking for for years can
be summarized in four words: libre, upstream, standards, supported.

Switch from proprietary drivers/firmware to open. Do everything
upstream not in forks. Standardise things across vendors. Vendors need
to support and continually update their hardware so we can continue to
buy and use it.

An example from #debian-arm last night: for SBCs a standard SoC boot
sequence and boot ROM would be nice, so we don't have to look up how
each SoC boots.

Oh, and since we are asking for ponies, make Apple let us boot free
software on iPhones ;)

--
bye,
pabs