Re: Feedback from the community -> ARM

On donderdag 10 juni 2021 18:44:23 CEST Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> 3. How many years we need to wait for Arm systems to work out-of-
>     the-box? I mean unpack, connect input/video/power, boot generic
>     distro installer, install, reboot and use. So far there are
>     nearly no such ones outside of server space.

+1
What an excellent description of what I tried to convey (probably poorly) on
IRC about how horrible and complicated a first-use experience is.

> I see Debian Arm team to be more Debian Arm SBC team.

I'm guessing there's much requests wrt SBCs as that is for many people their
first experience with ARM systems (besides phones). It is/was for me.
And they make for (potentially) great fits for systems that need to be on 24/7,
like quassel-core or FreedomBox (a Debian Pure Blend), as they consume little
power, which is great for the environment and your wallet.