Re: Feedback from the community -> ARM

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 07:43:38PM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> Just get _someone_ to make a good quality 64 bit server which doesn't cost
> the earth and works well with UEFI and relatively standard interfaces
> and components.
>
> AMD were doing this n years ago but the devices never got popular/cheap
> enough for use. Marvell have the espressobin and macchiatobin - just
> get something that looks like a performant mini-ATX / itx board and
> can run forever at low power but in a standard form factor.

I remember seeing many arm servers announced.  I don't recall really
seeing any you could buy unless you were a data center.  If you were a
developer it seemed no one wanted to talk to you.  And then they wondered
why no one was showing interest in their servers that no one could write
code for.

--
Len Sorensen