Re: Debian installer auf Pinebook (Was: X11 modul for pinebook?)

On 05/03/2021 15:03, Christian Kastner wrote:
> My attempts at installing with full disk encryption all failed at boot
> time (same effect: blank screen after the loading kernel message).
>
> I then tried an installation without FDE. Again the blank screen, but
> eventually a lightdm appeared (I chose XFCE at installation time).
>
> This made me realize: the FDE installation probably worked fine, too,
> it's just that where I was seeing a blank screen, the system was
> prompting me for a password to decrypt the drive.

I had experienced almost the same thing, and trying it in QEMU I found
it was prompting for the password over the serial connection. Check
/proc/consoles to see if serial is the "preferred" console.

> Can anyone advise me on how to fix this, ie get the console video on the
> LCD back during early boot? I'm sure there is a simple solution, but I'm
> not familiar enough with non-GRUB systems.

If so, adding "console=tty0" to the kernel cmdline (as the last console=
value) would fix that.

Also, IIRC installing plymouth works around that as it asks for the
password on all consoles (as opposed to initramfs-tools asking on only
the preferred one).