Re: Debian installer auf Pinebook (Was: X11 modul for pinebook?)

On 08.01.21 23:27, Christian Kastner wrote:
> On 31.10.20 23:52, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
>> Turned out to need i2c_mv64xx for the console video on the LCD.
>>
>> Also needed to add pinctrl_axp209 to get the usb keyboard to work.
>>
>> Should be in the next kernel upload:
>>
>>   https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/-/commit/6b3763e98d3d5d6856d131d6a1ad246b57981fd8
>>   https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/-/commit/9c5c235ae023ff521bcbad740f8ba1efb9d0b9cc
>
> I finally got around to trying this again, and I'm happy to confirm that
> this solved the issue for me. Using the new SD card images and an USB
> ethernet adapter, installation proceeded fine (although I did not
> complete it yet, as I need to read up on full disk encryption again).

My attempts at installing with full disk encryption all failed at boot
time (same effect: blank screen after the loading kernel message).

I then tried an installation without FDE. Again the blank screen, but
eventually a lightdm appeared (I chose XFCE at installation time).

This made me realize: the FDE installation probably worked fine, too,
it's just that where I was seeing a blank screen, the system was
prompting me for a password to decrypt the drive.

Can anyone advise me on how to fix this, ie get the console video on the
LCD back during early boot? I'm sure there is a simple solution, but I'm
not familiar enough with non-GRUB systems.

I tried adding the above two modules to /etc/modules (including
update-initramfs -u), but that didn't solve the problem, unfortunately.

Best,
Christian