Re: odd result for sudo dpkg -V

On Friday 05 November 2021 10:22:11 Markus Weyermann wrote:

> I ran it on RPi4B RaspberryPi  OS aarch64 Buster and got
>
> :~ $ sudo dpkg -V
>
> ??5?????? c /etc/skel/.bashrc
> ??5?????? c /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml
> ??5??????   /usr/lib/systemd/system/elasticsearch.service
> ??5?????? c /etc/init.d/elasticsearch
> ??5?????? c /etc/php/7.4/mods-available/apcu.ini
> ??5?????? c /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/www.conf
> ??5?????? c /etc/fail2ban/jail.d/defaults-debian.conf
> ??5?????? c /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
> ??5?????? c /etc/rsyslog.conf
> ??5?????? c /etc/sudoers.d/010_pi-nopasswd
> ??5?????? c /etc/redis/redis.conf
> ??5?????? c /etc/mail.rc
> ??5?????? c /etc/cron.d/certbot
> ??5?????? c /etc/default/useradd
> ??5?????? c /etc/email-addresses
> ??5?????? c /etc/exim4/passwd.client
> ??5?????? c /etc/dphys-swapfile
> ??5?????? c /etc/default/rpi-eeprom-update
> ??5?????? c /etc/login.defs

Thats exactly what I got, around 200 of them.  And its quasi-random, I
ran it again on my raspian pi4b with a |wc -l and only got 87 next time.

I think the armhf and arm64 versions have a bug. The machine is otherwise
fine and could be carveing steel 2 or 3 minutes after I got to it.
Takes that long to properly chuck up a workpiece.

That is not a commonly used option, but I used it because dpkg reported
an incomplete quite a few packages update this morning and I was looking
for the cause. But a sudo -E synaptic said its all fine, no errors, no
fix-brokens etc.

So that -V option, and the dh dependency checker both need a wee bit of
TLC.

The dependency checker missed some python stuff needed to build linuxcnc
from github, but I found all that 3 or 4 months back.  That particular
rpi4 is a full blown armhf development system with a realtime kernel in
addition to running a 70 yo sheldon lathe with linuxcnc.

> cheers
> markus

Thanks Markus.

Take care & stay well now.