Re: W: armhf version for thunderbird bullseye

Hello Adrian, hello Tuxo,

Am 06.10.21 um 17:06 schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
Hello!

On 10/6/21 16:38, Tuxo wrote:
Is there a thunderbird version for armhf in one of the debian repositories?

checking [1] and [2] they mention armhf versions of tb 78 for Buster and Stretch, none for Bullseye so far.

Carsten Schoenert has disabled the 32-bit ARM builds of Thunderbird, see [1].

I have no clue why that happened as there is no mention of that change in debian/changelog,
but I assume it's because Mozilla upstream broke support on these targets.

the removal of the architectures in question did happen in preparation for 1:68.2.1-1

---%<---
thunderbird (1:68.2.1-1) unstable; urgency=medium
* [8f89b90] d/control: decrease build architecture list Decreasing the current list of build architectures. Not meant to keep this forever, removed RC architectures needing support and volunteering to get
    them back.
    (Closes: #921258)

 -- Carsten Schoenert <c.schoenert@t-online.de>  Fri, 01 Nov 2019 20:36:59 +0100
--->%---

The commit in detail

https://salsa.debian.org/mozilla-team/thunderbird/-/commit/8f89b90f1054645f7f92d985bc747410123c38c2

It's unfortunately a big of cat and mouse with fixing all these regular regressions on
architectures that Mozilla doesn't care about. We would need more people working on
these.

That's the nail, I'm unable to support all the possible architectures so I need to concentrate on the most important architectures. arm{el,hf} but also mipsel isn't that important in my eyes as usage of Thunderbird on such systems is more a proof of a possibility.

--
Regards
Carsten