Re: Debian on Pine64 H64B?

On Friday 10 September 2021 10:30:28 Reco wrote:

> 	Hi.
>
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 08:07:56AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > >
> > > RPi images from raspi.debian.net are GPG-signed by Gunnar Wolf's
> > > key (who is Debian Developer), that's good enough for me.
> >
> > But will they run my lathe? If they cannot do it safely, with IRQ
> > latency response well under 50 microseconds they are of sub-zero
> > interest to me.
>
> Images provided by raspi.debian.net are shipped with ordinary, non-RT
> kernel. Feel free to install RT-enabled kernel from the usual sources.
>
> Reco

I knew that Reco, but the howto install after building it is the best
kept secret on this ball of rock and water, so I invented my own
installer. The revelant files total under 30 megs as a tarball.

So why do we not have a .deb builder for kernels.? Such secrecy, since it
doesn't involve the blacklisted firmware, and which my install doesn't
touch, certainly seems politically non-productive to me.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis