Re: Feedback from the community -> ARM

W dniu 13.06.2021 o 02:42, Pete Batard pisze:

So, at the risk of being controversial, it doesn't seem to me like everybody in the Debian world has been that willing to embrace UEFI.

Debian is one of distributions supporting UEFI on AArch64 from start of this port (2013).

Just most of people use it on SBC where U-Boot is a king and many of them use U-Boot in old way with boot.scr and other scripted methods rather than using EFI services.

And I could point to further evidence of this when I also brought the
idea on this list that, maybe, it was time for Debian to start
looking into moving away from using good old uboot or similar for
distributing special installable images for platforms like the Pi

Let me bring the idea on this list that, maybe, it is time for vendors to start looking into moving away from using good old U-Boot on microsd or similar to provide on-board SPI flash to store bootloader. So we could stop distributing special installable images for platforms like the Pi.

[here goes few other ideas written same way to show that it is not distro which should adapt to sick market but vendors should fix the broken market]

https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2021/02/15/ebbr-on-espressobin/

https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2020/06/17/ebbr-on-rockpro64/