Re: How to push back against repeated login attempts?

Of course, dictionary or random attacks will be drastically hampered
if you limit how often they can fail.  3 failures or so causes a
lockout for some hours is the usual.  Failed attempts can constitute a
denial of service attack under some circumstances though due to
network chatter.

--
Education is contagious.