Re: More progress to report [Re: Debian Bullseye on Raspberry Pi 4 4GB?]

Bullseye 64 Bit does more or less work. There arise problems when you install a desktop with media players which deliver audio and should give output to the headphone plug and HDMI.

I also had to find out that all 64 Bit versions of all distributions are much less powerful than the 32 Bit solution of the same software. The benchmark by T. Kaiser shows that some performances of 64 Bit are only about half of the values compared to the 32 Bit installation :-(

Unfortunately the Bullseye 32 Bit kernel seems not to boot, because the support of USB looks broken:
I just wonder why this bug has not got any answers?

My personal judgement: The Pi 4 with 8GB RAM has fantastic performance for a small desktop system at very low cost. For this reason I grudgingly accept  the closed source blobs required...

Happy computing!
LinAdmin