Re: Debian Bullseye on Raspberry Pi 4 4GB?

Yet if you stick with Raspbian everything "just works".  There is only one distribution that works on everything they sold.  If you look at the source of raspi-config you can see how the software identifies the hardware versions

And ARMv7 becomes ARMv8 under the right conditons and can run 64 bit Debian (not on the Zero).  There was a Manjaro I think 64 bit that I was running on a Pi 3b a couple years ago.

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021, 6:27 AM Matthias Klein <matthias@extraklein.de> wrote:

Am 20. Februar 2021 11:49:27 schrieb Ian Campbell <ijc@debian.org>:

> I'm sure someone who follows rpi closer than I will correct if not, but
> isn't the whole Pi Zero range based the older ARMv6 (i.e. not armhf)
> processor which requires the Raspbian rebuild because it is not
> compatible with the armhf baseline used by Debian (and most other
> distros I think)?

Yes, the Pi Zero does not support armhf.

The prebuild images use the armel baseline:
https://salsa.debian.org/raspi-team/image-specs/-/blob/master/Makefile#L70

Best regards,
Matthias