Re: Debian on a Iomega StorCenter ix4-200d...

Mandi! Vagrant Cascadian
  In chel di` si favelave...

[Vagrand, i've received your email only on a debian lists spam report, nor
 the direct email arrived; debian spamassassin report say:
	LDO_WHITELIST,MDO_CABLE_TV3,URIBL_BLACK autolearn=unavailable
	autolearn_force=no version=3.4.2
]

>> c) found the DTB of this box here:
>>       https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,12096
> If you're using a .dtb file, you should generally get it from the one
> shipped in the kernel package, otherwise it may be inconsistant with the
> running kernel you're using...

Ahem, what mean 'inconsistant'? Mean i need to 'compile' DTB within the
kernel?
Sorry but it is not clear...

> On the serial console it uses "screen", so to switch terminals it's
> CTRL-a n (for next) or CTRL-a p (for previous) or CTRL-a 4 (to switch to
> specific number).

Ah! Damn me! Never minded about screen! Thanks!

I've dont't seen bug opened for that, it worth a try to add a bug for
'debian-installer'? I've seen:
	https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/armel/ch06s01.en.html
and:
	https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=installation-guide;dist=unstable

no mention on screen...

> Although if your u-boot version is some vendor fork, it may not support
> the generic boot script and may need a custom boot script. There are a
> few examples in flash-kernels of other boot scripts...

My intent is to write kernel and initrd on flash storage (space seems not
a problem); you are meaning that i can 'configure' a generic uboot
bootleoader, or scripts, to have kernel update managed automagically?

> Good luck!

Thanks!

--
  Voi non ci crederete