Debian on a Iomega StorCenter ix4-200d...

Someone gift me a NAS as subject, some year ago, and i was curious about
installing debian in...

I've just installed debian on m68k, ppc, sparc, spar64, alpha and now... Arm.

I've done some search and speaked with some friends here in local linux user
group, leading to some info about u-boot and arm architecture.
I've:

a) found the serial pin and connected a serial cable/adapter

b) understood that in ARM there's no 'automatic hardware inventory', and the
 exact hardware inventory have to be provided via a DTB file.

c) found the DTB of this box here:
	https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,12096

so, i've downloaded the 'raw' linux kernel and built a uImage from here:

	http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/dists/buster/main/installer-armel/current/images/kirkwood/netboot/
with:
	cat vmlinuz-4.19.0-13-marvell kirkwood-iomega_ix4_200d.dtb > uKernel
	mkimage -A arm -O linux -T kernel -C none -a 0x00008000 -e 0x00008000 -n "Debian kernel" -d uKernel uImage

and downloaded the initrd from here:

	http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/dists/buster/main/installer-armel/current/images/kirkwood/netboot/marvell/guruplug/

then i've setup a tftp server and booted from tftp.

system booted correctly, and i was able to install debian. Cool!

Some question:

a) (not specific ARM, indeed, but...) in installation, done clearly via
 serial terminal, on the top there's some 'window' coices, eg:

	1: installer 2: terminal 3: log 4: ...

 how can i access other term? I've looked in installation manual, but i was
 not able to found the key combination to switch 'window'/VT

b) at the end of the installation, the system warn me that there's no 'boot
 loader support' (or something like that), and the resulting system was not
bootable. This was expected, but i hoped that the installer have the option
to chroot on the new installed system to be able to to some manual
bootloader setup, or at least to scp out the initrd.

I've missed something?

Anyway, thanks!

--
  La condivisione è il segreto di tutto...		(Roberto Colonello)