Re: Graphical installer on arm64 (netboot and cdrom)

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 03:43:57PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 03:21:20PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>>
>>>I'd appreciate it. Here's another patch, this time for the armhf graphical
>>>cdrom. I checked that it boots into a graphical installer when run in a QEMU
>>>arm VM (still with 'direct kernel boot') but no further. If you can also make
>>>an armhf netinst image from this I can test that too (at least in a VM, not
>>>sure the configs for my chromebook were enabled on the armhf kernel..).
>>
>>Ah, OK. I wasn't sure if it was worth trying to add this on armhf
>>too... :-)
>>
>>I'm just building with a different local patch to add the setting
>>GRAPHICAL_INSTALLER=y in arm64.cfg and using that to add (or not) the
>>graphical installer to each of the grub-gencfg calls. I'll let that
>>finish first...
>
>Try the image at
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/arm64-gi/
>
>please?

OK, so this lot seems to work in a VM at least (thanks Marcin!), so
I've pushed this set of patches to master now. I'm not sure about
adding the graphical installer for armhf right now, but I'm open to
being convinced...

Once we have a working d-i daily build I'll also push my changes for
debian-cd to use it on arm64.

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Das Mohapatra