The state of Arm64 on Raspberry Pi (and its Documentation

Hello!

With a little bit of envy I discovered that Ubuntu not only runs
in a vanilla flavour on the Raspberry Pi, but that there is
a very straightforward download page and stuff seems reasonably
documented. In both 32 and 64 bit.

https://ubuntu.com/download/raspberry-pi

In comparison to this Debian's Arm64 wiki page lists tons of
obsolete Arm64 hardware that is no longer available, but does
not document the one Arm64 system that is the easiest to buy
in shops very well, in my opinion.

https://wiki.debian.org/Arm64Port

Now I do understand that the binary blobs needed to use the
Raspberry Pi are a no-no for some, but from a pragmatic
standpoint the Pi is the Arm64 system sold in the highest
numbers, except for cell phones, probably.

It is not that I want to complain, writing docs is a lot of
work, an has to be done by people probably burdened with other
work too (after all they have to understand what they describe).

Is there some "official" Debian documentation on how to
install aarch64 Debian on the Pi 3 or 4 in an "official" (i.e.
diverging as little as possible from Debian standards) way?

Does installing Debian on top of UEFI firmware work yet
in practice

https://github.com/tianocore/edk2-platforms/tree/master/Platform/RaspberryPi/RPi4

or should I start from somewhere else? I do not need graphics,
a purely headless setup is fine by me.

Is there some way for a somewhat experienced sysadmin to
help in documenting this stuff, trying out things, filing bugs, etc?

I hope the tone of this message does not come across as demanding,
pushy  or unfriendly, I really do appreciate all your work in
the arm port, I have been using arm devices as my servers at
home for years now, and I am very grateful that these devices
can run with a sane Debian based OS. But I think using
vanilla Debian on the Pi should be a lot easier than it is
now.

Thanks in advance,
Ralph Aichinger
                                                              https://aisg.at