HoneyComb LX2K

Arnd and Peter both mentioned the SolidRun HoneyComb LX2K, a 16-core A72
platform with support for up to 64GB of RAM.

I contacted SolidRun and asked them for the current software support
status, and here is the reply I got (reformatted to text):

**UEFI Use Example to install Debian 10**

You can use the attached UEFI image
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yrW6hdn1gY3zaN6chLwAvEtA_-nsEuST/view?usp=sharing
 (it's should support any GPU),

For example, you can install a Debian 10 image like this
https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/arm64/iso-cd/debian-10.5.0-arm64-netinst.iso
and flash it to a USB-Disk, then:

- connect the USB to your board

- boot the board with UEFI from SD card

- press ESC / write exit, to open the UEFI GUI

- verify: Device Manager -> HW description selection = <ACPI>

- Boot Manager -> chose the USB Disk to start the installation

- Install GNOME Desktop Package

Note: you need to use a USB networking device or external PCIe NIC. The
networking stack isn't working with the UEFI yet.

** Kernel Mainline **

- Kernel Main Line working in progress (start supporting from 5.8.0) -
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-lx2160a-honeycomb.dts
- Mainline is still waiting for some patches to fix SMMU problems. One
set is for PCIe the other is for the networking bus

** UEFI **
- Parent build repository for generating UEFI firmware for the LX2160a -
SolidRun/lx2160a_uefi https://github.com/SolidRun/lx2160a_uefi
- UEFI Working in progress -  The networking stack isn't working with
the UEFI yet.

=> So, a netinst already seems to work out-of-the-box, and the remaining
issues are actively being worked upon.

All in all, this looks like a very promising device, at a reasonable
price, for those that need a more powerful arm64-based platform for
development.

Christian

PS: I'm forwarding the information because they CCed the list, per my
suggestion, but the mail didn't get through.