Re: Help with an arm64 specific gcc internal error with polymake

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 01:49:23AM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> On 2020-11-14 16:33 +0000, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 03:08:14PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
>
> > > I have just tried it, and the file built OK, getting to a resident
> > > footprint of about 3.5G before completing.
>
> OK, reading the bug a bit more carefully, I see that you were getting
> this preprocessed file to build too. But the original .cc barfs. Very
> odd. The massive/scary c++ involved is way beyond my ken.
>
> I'll see if I can find someone smarter than me to work out what on
> earth is going on.

Thanks for your work on this. As of today polymake has been uploaded
to use gcc-9 which doesn't have this problem, so the perl transition
has been unblocked. The package is however still RC-buggy. I'm copying
in the package maintainer too.

Cheers
Dominic