Re: Installation images for arm64

OK, I downloaded the netboot stuff first, there's nothing bootable on
the sd image it made, mostly a bunch of dbs.  So I tried the netinst.
On my Pinebook Pro, booted from a mrfixit Stretch on emmc I see:

NAME         MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
mmcblk0      179:0    0  59.5G  0 disk
├─mmcblk0p1  179:1    0   262M  0 part /sd
└─mmcblk0p2  179:2    0     3M  0 part
mmcblk1      179:32   0  58.2G  0 disk
├─mmcblk1p1  179:33   0    64M  0 part /boot
└─mmcblk1p2  179:34   0  58.1G  0 part /
mmcblk1boot0 179:64   0     4M  1 disk
mmcblk1boot1 179:96   0     4M  1 disk
mmcblk1rpmb  179:128  0    16M  0 disk
nvme0n1      259:0    0 953.9G  0 disk
├─nvme0n1p1  259:1    0     1G  0 part
├─nvme0n1p2  259:2    0     1K  0 part
├─nvme0n1p5  259:3    0   200G  0 part
├─nvme0n1p6  259:4    0    10G  0 part [SWAP]
└─nvme0n1p7  259:5    0 733.3G  0 part /data

I think I should follow
https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/arm64/ch05s01.en.html#arm64-console-setup

And it looks like I need to find my serial console cable and enable it
with the switch inside the PBP.  This has no text mode like an i386,
video seems to be one of the last things loaded. I'm not familiar with
UEFI so I'd rather not use it.  I have a 1 TB nvme SSD, I'd like to
install into partitions 1 and 5 with swap on 6.  My intention is to
leave partition 7 for my stuff and have the OS replaceable.

I installed an iso file by dding it to an sd, but it doesn't boot so
I'm in Stretch on the emmc.  I can look inside the install disk.

--
I already voted, leave me alone.