Re: bt question

On Friday 25 September 2020 21:24:53 Alan Corey wrote:

> dscoverable on.
syntax error, miss-spelled ;-)
scan on, followed by show, gets this
CHG] Controller DC:A6:32:0D:9E:45 Discoverable: no
[bluetooth]# show
Controller DC:A6:32:0D:9E:45 (public)
        Name: rpi4.coyote.den
        Alias: rpi4.coyote.den
        Class: 0x00480000
        Powered: yes
        Discoverable: no
        Pairable: yes
        UUID: Headset AG
(00001112-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
        UUID: Generic Attribute Profile
(00001801-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
        UUID: A/V Remote Control
(0000110e-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
        UUID: Generic Access Profile
(00001800-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
        UUID: PnP Information
(00001200-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
        UUID: A/V Remote Control Target
(0000110c-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
        UUID: Audio Source
(0000110a-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
        UUID: Handsfree Audio Gateway
(0000111f-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
        Modalias: usb:v1D6Bp0246d0532
        Discovering: yes
for the headset, turned on in bt mode, laying on the other side of the
houses alu siding wall. Looks promising to me, so I'd say the headset is
working and its the musical keyboard that is not. But now let me go turn
on that keyboard and see if it is discovered. Ok, it is powered up, and
the headphones are now on my ears and several rooms farther away from
the pi, which is on the back of the Sheldon lathe in the garage. But a
repeat of show only lists the headset again.  So this keyboard is
apparently not discoverable.  I wonder if this is a valid warranty claim
against the keyboard?  Its an 88 key piano keyboard, with shitty
speakers but sounds good in these phones if a cable is plugged in
connecting them together, something I would rather the piano playing
wife, now in a nursing home, would rather not have to deal with.
Bedfast, she wanted something to play to help the arthritis pain in her
hands, so thats what this is all about.
I just turned the phones off. But the pi has apparently buffered the data
as it still show's as above.

Thank you for the tutorial Alan, I appreciate it.  What do you make of
the above data and the non-discovery of the keyboard?

The keyboard has no menu entry for bt control, but there are instructions
in its teeny booklet for 3 different brands of smart phones to download
an app to talk to it, command and control for its canned features from
reading between the lines, but we have no smart phones. So it appears I
need to find and buy some sort of a gismo that plugs into the 1/8"
headphone jack, and connects the headphones, yet a 3rd item to have to
recharge the batteries in. I've a usb2 hub she can plug them all in to
recharge them.

Can anyone else contribute here?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)