Re: Flash Question: Debian on QNAP

* Patrick Leibach <tigerleibach@web.de> [2019-08-20 20:13]:
> I tried to follow your instructions on
> http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/qnap/ts-219/install/ but
> unfortunately the shell scricpt only works in QNAP firmware.

Yeah, this is a very common complaint/request.  I should either change
the script or at least document the procedure.

Actually, it seems I've documented it already.  So you can simply
follow
https://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/qnap/ts-219/deinstall/#reinstall

Let me know if that works.

> How can I change the script, that it works from Debian
> or
> How can I manually flash the initd and kernel to the flashblock3 and 5

It's mtdblock1 (kernel) and 2 (ramdisk).  mtd3 is a second ramdisk,
which we never change.  mtd5 is where QNAP OS stores the NAS config,
which we don't change.

BTW, my web page links to the buster images; if you want to install
stretch (why?), you have to change the links.
--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/