Re: loss of synaptic due to wayland

On Mon, 2019-07-08 at 06:40 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> So, synaptic is gone.  What do or can we use for a replacement?

Wasn't that discussed at length in april...?
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2019/04/threads.html#00103

Anyway, synaptic isn't gone, it may be not usable on your Raspian
system if the people that put that image together used wayland rather
than X (if my memory of that discussion is correct).

Personally, I've always used aptitude for package management with a
visual UI, being text console based it also works over ssh or other
remote terminal connections. You'd have to get use to using a keyboard
rather than a mouse though.

--
Tixy