Re: Single user mode, view on HDMI output?

On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 08:22:43AM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have a Freedombox Pioneer HSK (Olimex A20-Linuxino-LIME2) that I want
> to do some maintenance (move some system directory contents off the uSD
> to a SATA drive).  When I issue 'telinit 1' the HDMI screen clears and I
> am left with a blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner of the
> display.  I presume that only the serial port is active as a display
> output at this point?  If so, is there a way to make the HDMI port the
> default active display port?

Hello,

I don't know what the U-Boot setup in the Freedombox images looks
like, but if you see U-Boot starting on the HDMI screen, you
could try to interrupt U-Boot's boot process by pressing any key
on the keyboard, so that you get a U-Boot commandline prompt, and
enter the the following two commands:

setenv console "tty0"
run bootcmd

Many U-Boot bootscripts (including the one installed by the
Debian flash-kernel package for the LIME2) pass the U-Boot
"console" variable to the kernel.  If that is the case for the
Freedombox images, the aforementioned commands should make the
console on the HDMI port the primary console for the current
session.  If that works for you and you want to make it a
permanent default, you can run the following commands at the
U-Boot prompt:

setenv console "tty0"
saveenv

HTH,
Karsten
--
Ich widerspreche hiermit ausdrücklich der Nutzung sowie der
Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der Werbung