Re: QNAP

Hi Phil,

On September 10, 2019 8:33:09 PM UTC, Phil <phil@roggis.de> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I tried the Script from this website http://www.cyrius.com/debian/...
>install debian on my system. It says I should contact this adress
>because my NAS is unknwon I have the QNAP TS-439 Pro, It has nearly the
>
>same specs then TS-420U (http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/qnap/),
>only the flash is 128 instead of 16mb. Should I just replace the name
>in
>the flash-debian script and try it out? Or are there any news on this
>specific device?

A quick search shows TS-439 has an Intel N270 Atom processor that "runs" i386 instruction set.
The TS-420 has an ARM based processor which has (in this case) "runs" ARMv5TE instruction set.

The instructions on cyrius.com are specifically for ARM based NAS devices and as such won't work on your NAS.

With some luck the TS-439 is as a BIOS based system that can be installed with i386 Debian. First hint is the VGA port on the back.

>Thanks in advance!
>
>Sincerly,
>Phil Roggenbuck

HTah && GRTNX, RobJE
--
Sent from my Android device. Please excuse my brevity.