Re: devregs for imx

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 6:16 PM Rainer Dorsch wrote:

> does anybody know if there is something equivalent to devregs in
>
> https://github.com/boundarydevices/imx-utils
>
> to probe and manipulate the hardware registers in an imx6 for Debian.

It looks like devregs was split out of imx-utils and is now maintained
in this repository instead:

https://github.com/boundarydevices/devregs

Neither imx-utils nor devregs is available in Debian:

https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=devregs

I note there is another tool called devmem but it isn't available in Debian:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/4948/shell-command-to-read-device-registers
https://bugs.debian.org/595805

There is also a busybox devmem applet that seems to be available in Debian.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12040303/how-to-access-physical-addresses-from-user-space-in-linux/45127890#45127890

Please note that Linux has been restricting access to /dev/mem more in
recent times so I'm not sure if any of the above tools work with
modern Debian versions.

In case you want to package imx-utils and or devregs for Debian, I
expect both will be easy to package and folks on this list might
sponsor them. You can find packaging information here:

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
https://mentors.debian.net/sponsors/rfs-howto

--
bye,