Re: Red/green blinking LED on QNAP TS220

On 12/6/18 11:58 AM, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
Hi Moritz and others,

Thanks for you help. I could fix the problem, but I have some
corrections on the info:

Op 06-12-18 om 16:16 schreef Moritz Horstmann:
Hi Paul,

This might be a problem with qcontrol in stretch, your fan is also
probably not controlled.
See this blogpost for a proposed fix:
https://blog.spblinux.de/2018/09/debian-with-btrfs-on-qnap-11x-21x-kirkwood/

This is about btrfs, I am using ext4.
And about 1GB RAM, this device has 501 MB RAM.

###################
Solution (fixes led, buzzer and fan): #qcontrol needs stretch backports:
apt-get -t stretch-backports install qcontrol, so add to
/etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/ stretch-backports main

and /lib/systemd/system/qcontrold.services is broken: replaces lines

typo. It's  /lib/systemd/system/qcontrold.service

Requires=dev-input-by\x2dpath-platform\x2dgpio_keys\x2devent.device
After=dev-input-by\x2dpath-platform\x2dgpio_keys\x2devent.device

with
ConditionPathExists=/dev/input/by-path/platform-gpio_keys-event (kernel
4.9) or platform-gpio-keys-event (kernel 3.16)

I did this.

and afterwards run
dpkg –configure qcontrol

Gave problems:
root@qnap:/home/paul# dpkg –configure qcontrol
dpkg: error: need an action option
root@qnap:/home/paul# dpkg-reconfigure qcontrol
/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: qcontrol is broken or not fully installed

I did again "apt-get -t stretch-backports install qcontrol". This gave a
warning:
----
W: APT had planned for dpkg to do more than it reported back (0 vs 4).
    Affected packages: qcontrol:armel
---

After that I could start qcontrold with "service qcontrold start" and
the LED does not blink anymore. The fan seems to be controlled (says
"service qcontrold status".

Flashing the kernel and initrmafs takes some time...

Thanks for the help!

With regards,
Paul

Cheers,