Re: Problems using stock kernel armmp with Marvell 38x hardware.

Thanks to hints towards the perf tool I have been able to resolve problem c)

The unacceptable high CPU load in idle periods shown by kworker as armada_370_delay_timer_read is due to the function mmc_rescan not correctly working when there is no card reader hardware or no card present.

When the module sdhci_pxav3 (and evt. sdhci_pltfm & sdhci) is blacklisted the idle load vanishes.
Others with Marvell not experiencing the problem probably did not load that module or have memory cards inserted....

How to analyze such situations?

a) Record some 10 seconds of backtraces on all your CPUs:

perf record -g -a sleep 10

b) Analyse your recording:

perf report
Thanks again and regards