Re: rock64, date is UTC, how to make EST (s/b UTC-5)

On Monday 23 July 2018 17:00:04 Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 04:37:48PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > As I keep repeating, x is TOTALLY not available to the common user.
> > I need to set that up as an auto reply I guess. All the good
> > editors, and I'm fond of geany, but neither geany, kate nor kwrite
> > are available, they need x and bailout when they're are denied its
> > use, so I'm stuck with nano, and its half a screen vertical jump for
> > a scroll drives me plumb out of my skull, spending 95% of my time
> > looking for the damned curser. No way in hell you can write good
> > code with that distraction.
> >
> > I'm running out of patience, everyone is reading what they *think* I
> > wrote, then answering that question I didn't ask. That is not
> > helpfull and just confuses the next person that replies to what
> > ought to be a new thread, its that far from the actual subject.
>
> (Went back and reread the thread...)
>
> When you said you had isses with ssh -Y not allow X connections...
>
> Check that /etc/ssh/sshd_config on the rock64 has these settings:
>
> X11Forwarding yes
> X11UseLocalhost no
>
> And that the package 'xauth' is installed.
>
> Either of those missing will prevent ssh from forwarding X
> connections.

Do I have to reboot it (the rock64) after makeing everything as above?
Logging out, and back in does not shut the error message off.

gene@coyote:~$ ssh -Y rock64@rock64
rock64@rock64's password:
X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0

> What the name of user 1000 is has nothing to do with it (Only really
> NFS has issues with uid's not matching between machines and there are
> ways to deal with that too).

Well, something is makeing sure I can't do anything from any keyboard but
the machines own keyboard and monitor.

Thanks Lennart, you actually tried to answer my question, and I
appreciate it.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)