Re: rock64, date is UTC, how to make EST (s/b UTC-5)

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 04:37:48PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> As I keep repeating, x is TOTALLY not available to the common user. I
> need to set that up as an auto reply I guess. All the good editors, and
> I'm fond of geany, but neither geany, kate nor kwrite are available,
> they need x and bailout when they're are denied its use, so I'm stuck
> with nano, and its half a screen vertical jump for a scroll drives me
> plumb out of my skull, spending 95% of my time looking for the damned
> curser. No way in hell you can write good code with that distraction.
>
> I'm running out of patience, everyone is reading what they *think* I
> wrote, then answering that question I didn't ask. That is not helpfull
> and just confuses the next person that replies to what ought to be a new
> thread, its that far from the actual subject.

(Went back and reread the thread...)

When you said you had isses with ssh -Y not allow X connections...

Check that /etc/ssh/sshd_config on the rock64 has these settings:

X11Forwarding yes
X11UseLocalhost no

And that the package 'xauth' is installed.

Either of those missing will prevent ssh from forwarding X connections.

What the name of user 1000 is has nothing to do with it (Only really
NFS has issues with uid's not matching between machines and there are
ways to deal with that too).

--
Len Sorensen