Re: "external abort on linefetch (0x814)" on Kirkwood 6282 SoC

> Timo Jyrinki is happy to run some tests.  He's affected and has a
> serial console.  The bug is still there in the 4.9 kernel we're
> shipping with Debian kernel.
>
> Andrew, what information or access do you need so this can be tracked
> down?

Yesterday I tried booting with mem=512M added to the u-boot's setenv
bootargs, and wasn't able to reproduce the problem. Booting again
without the parameter it was there again. I repeated a couple of times
with same results, although sometimes it took some time for the
problem to occur in the normal 1GB RAM use case so I'm not 100% sure
of how bullet proof the workaround is. I tried to use at least some
memory by starting Debian installer fetching, logging into it via ssh
etc.

Could someone else try it out? Double-check the parameter worked with
'free'. I'm tempted to make a backup of my current / + flash
partitions and dist-upgrade to stretch. On that note, what would be
the easiest way to set the mem=512M as the default for normal boots?

Andrew wasn't able to reproduce the problem on his 6282 machine. Would
it be that he has QNAP TS-219P+ or similar that has only 512MB RAM?
(https://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/qnap/ts-219/specs/)

-Timo