Re: Busbox missing fdisk and fsck: How to add?

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 4:55 PM, Gilles wrote:

> It looks like the easiest solution to the problem would be cross-compiling
> fsck on a i386 Linux host, and copying the binary onto the the appliance.

It is getting better but usually compiling natively is much easier.

> I only have shallow experience with cross-compiling, though: Is this
> newbie-doable or am I in for days of head-scratching ?

If the source package is cross-compilable, then it isn't much
different from compiling natively.

https://wiki.debian.org/CrossCompiling

IIRC Helmut (one of the few people working on it) says only about 10%
of Debian is cross-compilable though. If anyone wants to help improve
that, please introduce yourself on the debian-cross mailing list.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-cross/

--
bye,
pabs