Re: My QNAP TS-212P reboots every 5 mins

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 7:14 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
* Domenico Andreoli <domenico.andreoli.it@gmail.com> [2018-05-07 19:02]:
> > Does this make any difference?
> >     /sbin/qcontrol --direct watchdog off
> yes, a lot.
>
> Indeed after the watchdog is turned off the box doesn't reset any more.

This command normally gets run in the initramfs, so the next step is
to figure out why this isn't the case.

very simple: qcontrol package was not installed.

I installed it in order to execute the command you suggested. Now that I have it,
the box stays up also with the new kernel.

dpkg.log says qcontrol was installed until March 23, with enough bad luck the
consequences on initrd became visible only with the kernel update. This would answer
question 1 and 4 above.

Why did I remove it, dpkg.log doesn't say ;)

Thanks for your invaluable support. I owe you at least one pint of your favorite drink ;)

ciao,
Domenico

--
3B10 0CA1 8674 ACBA B4FE  FCD2 CE5B CF17 9960 DE13