Re: Anybody here know what a rock64 is?

On Sunday 22 April 2018 16:26:04 Alan Corey wrote:

> See man xorg.conf  On my old hp laptop (Pavillion dv2700) with Debian
> Linux hp 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.43-2 (2017-04-30) x86_64
> GNU/Linux There's a /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d directory, the individual
> parts go in there with .conf extensions.  You don't need a whole one.
> It looks in various places for one, I think it's in a man page
> somewhere.  You should be able to tell by the log if it's reading it.

Ack the log, its not.

> There's also the option of doing xorg -configure (only when running as
> root) and it will make its best guesses and write them out to an
> xorg.conf file, you can use that as a template and edit it into what
> you need.  I don't remember where it puts it, current directory or
> ~/$HOME I think.  I don't think it puts it where it needs to go to
> work.

No shell until x starts. Or I can get it to the empty screen with a
blinken cursor. Once it gets to that screen, I have networking. Theres a
window the boot logs itself to, but no bash or whatever.

> I don't have any usb3 stuff, does it have to be usb3?

There is a difference inside the normal looking connector, 5 contacts.
Regular usb has 4.

Thanks Alan.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett