Re: Anybody here know what a rock64 is?

On Sunday 22 April 2018 10:33:10 Alan Corey wrote:

> Can't you mount something to multiple mount points?  In other words
> just ignore the automount and mount it where you want it in parallel?

First you need the log to see what it was that was detected when it was
plugged in. Since wheezy changed to /var/log/syslog as opposed to
messages, the log hasn't been near as usefull, too much other noise.
Twould be nice if a tail could be put on dmesg.

> One automount culprit on a Pi anyway is the GUI file manager.

This isn't a pi, its an amd64 phenom around a decade old now. Its what
the card readers are being plugged into to burn images with.

Regarding the usb3 drive thats apparently now trashed, the rock64 is the
only usb3 capable thing on site.

I finally got it to boot after disabling the usb3 HD mount in fstab.

But x isn't running, no screens found according to the log. Then 3 hours
later I tap the spacebar to wake up the monitor again, and find a 2 line
message about re-adjusting it to 1366x768, which is in fact the monitors
native resolution. I've had a black screen with a flashing underline
cursor that wasn't connected to the keyboard or mouse. Getting that far
enables the networking, so I have a couple logins into it.

Running dmesg gets me those same lines as the screen now shows as the
last 2 lines.
 8148.676369] rockchip-vop ff370000.vop: [drm:vop_crtc_enable] Update
mode to 1366*768
[ 8148.676421] rockchip-vop ff370000.vop: [drm:vop_isr] *ERROR* BUS_ERROR
irq err

What is this trying to tell me?

So how and where do I create an xorg.conf that gives it that screen?

Thanks Alan.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)