Re: Anybody here know what a rock64 is?

Can't you mount something to multiple mount points?  In other words
just ignore the automount and mount it where you want it in parallel?

One automount culprit on a Pi anyway is the GUI file manager.  In
Preferences -> Volume Management there are 3 checkboxes related to
automount.  Another could be if you have auto entries in your
/etc/fstab.  I killed all I could find months ago, don't remember
where they were.

Or grep the output of mount or lsof for the mount points.

I usually look at the output of dmesg when I plug an SD in to see what
partitions it has and how to mount (what they're called).  Or sfdisk
-l if that fails.  gparted is handy to have around too.

On 4/22/18, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 22 April 2018 00:46:42 Chris Moore wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>> > I used aptitude to upgrade 2 kernel files that pulled in 6 or 7
>> > more. I assume its trying to reboot, but did not close the two
>> > logins I had into it, so they are locked up until I go out and to a
>> > powerdown reset I expect.  Its nearly 2 am, and the door that gives
>> > me quick access to where it is would wake the missus, so it can sit
>> > and stew in its own juices till daytime. For a change, aptitude did
>> > not erase 90% of the system according to the action trace it left on
>> > the konsole screen here.
>> >
>> > rock64@rock64:/etc/apt/sources.list.d$ sudo aptitude
>> > Performing actions...
>> > Selecting previously unselected package libfile-fnmatch-perl.
>> > (Reading database ... 141458 files and directories currently
>> > installed.) Preparing to unpack
>> > .../0-libfile-fnmatch-perl_0.02-2+b3_arm64.deb ... Unpacking
>> > libfile-fnmatch-perl (0.02-2+b3) ...
>> > Selecting previously unselected package debsums.
>> > Preparing to unpack .../1-debsums_2.2.2_all.deb ...
>> > Unpacking debsums (2.2.2) ...
>> > Selecting previously unselected package
>> > linux-headers-4.4.120-rockchip-ayufan-209.
>> > Preparing to
>> > unpack
>> > .../2-linux-headers-4.4.120-rockchip-ayufan-209_0.6.31_arm64.deb ...
>> > Unpacking linux-headers-4.4.120-rockchip-ayufan-209 (0.6.31) ...
>> > Selecting previously unselected package
>> > linux-image-4.4.120-rockchip-ayufan-209.
>> > Preparing to
>> > unpack
>> > .../3-linux-image-4.4.120-rockchip-ayufan-209_0.6.31_arm64.deb ...
>> > Unpacking linux-image-4.4.120-rockchip-ayufan-209 (0.6.31) ...
>> > Selecting previously unselected package device-tree-compiler.
>> > Preparing to unpack .../4-device-tree-compiler_1.4.2-1_arm64.deb ...
>> > Unpacking device-tree-compiler (1.4.2-1) ...
>> > Preparing to unpack .../5-linux-rock64_0.6.31_arm64.deb ...
>> > Unpacking linux-rock64 (0.6.31) over (0.5.15) ...
>> > Preparing to unpack .../6-linux-rock64-package_0.6.31_all.deb ...
>> > Unpacking linux-rock64-package (0.6.31) over (0.5.15) ...
>> > Selecting previously unselected package u-boot-rock64.
>> > Preparing to unpack .../7-u-boot-rock64_0.6.31_all.deb ...
>> > Unpacking u-boot-rock64 (0.6.31) ...
>> > Setting up linux-image-4.4.120-rockchip-ayufan-209 (0.6.31) ...
>> > update-initramfs: Generating
>> > /boot/initrd.img-4.4.120-rockchip-ayufan-209 Warning: root device
>> > does not exist
>> > live-boot: core filesystems devices utils udev wget blockdev dns.
>> >
>> > And the trace ends there. I'll see if I can get it to reboot in the
>> > morning.
>> >

> It did not late yesterday, but I was talking to the next door neighbor,
> and did not do a full powerdown restart. The text on screen says eth0 is
> up, but its unreachable. It also was unable to mount and talk to a usb3
> 1T hard drive.
>
> Since the original update replaced the kernel it twigs me that I saw the
> [...]

No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX
Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach