Re: screenblanker vs login

On 2018-02-05 12:12 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> How do I shut the screenblanker off on an arm64.

It's no different on arm than any other arch SFAIK. This is probably a
debian-user question really.

> I have looked around in the xfce menu's looking for blanker timing and
> such, but they aren't there. xset gets reset to its defaults , which is
> way too fast, on a reboot.
>
> So how do I completely disable this so I can actually get something done?
> 450 seconds is not enough to get logged in even.

You can set screen blank times for XFCE in 'Settings'->'Power
Manager', 'Display tab.  or run xfce4-power-manager-settings. There
you can set times, or just tell it not to blank or power-down at all.

It is possible that you _also_ have something like xscreensaver
installed, whcih may be trying to manage the screen too. You can just uninstall that.

> And nothing related to ssh works until xfce is up and running.

The openssh dameon is independent of the desktop and will start
first. If you don't start the desktop ssh should still work.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/